SHOULD I REBUILD OR SELL?
DAMAGED PROPERTY PURCHASE PROGRAM
REBUILDING OR SELLING A HOUSE WITH FIRE DAMAGE IN CENTRAL TEXAS?
We’ve found that many homeowners would rather avoid the difficult and stressful process of rebuilding or repairing a house with fire damage. Our Home Buyout program gives homeowners a chance to sell the house AS-IS and move on with life. The “Depreciated Settlement” or “Actual Cash Value” from the insurance company (i.e. the amount they will pay if you choose to sell instead of repairing the house) in combination with our CASH offer may help you to quickly move into a new home without the delay and trouble of cleanup and repairs. In short, we will buy your headaches from you.
However, this program is not right for everyone who has suffered a fire loss. Many companies will encourage you to restore the property (because they are the restoration business.) A few cash buyers will insist that selling it is the better route. However, we are prepared to discuss the benefits of each with you and encourage you to do what is best for you and your loved ones. Consider the pros and cons below and let us know what questions you have.
CONSIDER A HOME REBUILD IF…
- You love your home and would never want to leave.
- You have a place you are comfortable living for several months.
- You have been considering doing some updates to the house.
- You are experienced with the remodeling process.
- You want to keep all the equity in your house.
CAUTION: Some think, “I can repair it for less.” It is unwise to assume the repairs are less than the insurance company says. Insurance companies are skilled at estimating repairs and planning for contingencies.
CONSIDER SELLING A HOME WITH FIRE DAMAGE IF...
- You do not have the time to deal with a remodeling project.
- You have been wanting to move anyway.
- You live out of the area where the property is.
- The house brings back too many painful memories.
- You have breathing problems or other health concerns that will prevent you from visiting the property while it’s under construction.
- Your greatest desire is to just “move on with life.”
CAUTION: Some people say “I’ll just list it with a realtor.” A retail sale is not usually a viable alternative because fire damaged properties are not eligible for bank loans. Only cash buyers such as our partner company can offer to purchase the property AS-IS.